Error Fixes for Five Night’s at Freddy’s 3 – Crashes to Desktop, Black screen, Screen Resolution
Five Nights at Freddy’s game has released it’s third sequel. It is now available on Steam for a price of $7.99 . As usual, Five nights at Freddy’s 3 also got very positive reviews from the users like other FNAF games. However, the difficulty level has been increased from the last two games. Five Night’s at Freddy’s 3 will be more difficult to earlier two games. The first two games were really awesome. However, in this post, I have listed out few Bugs, errors and crashes that are encountered while playing Five Night’s at Freddy’s 3 on PC along with possible workarounds . Hope you find help from this article. Incase if you missed, have a look at the System requirements below.
- OS: XP,Vista,Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1 GB
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Hard Drive: 250 MB available space
The minimum requirements are very very low when compared to present day games system Requirements. So, all PC’s must thrash the requirements easily.
How to Fix Errors, Crashes and Bugs in Five Nights at Freddy’s 3:
#1 Fnef3.exe is not responding :
First of all, restart the steam and reboot your PC. Then, restart the game. But, before doing this, make sure that you have closed the game completely. The game may sometimes run in the backscreen. To avoid this, go to task manager and open details tab . In the details tab, find “fnaf3.exe” and right click on it. Now, click on end task.
#2 : Black Screen on Startup : FNAF 3 :
Whenever you open the game, all you can see is a Black screen. So, how to solve it ? Well, the first thing I recommend is updating your Video card drivers. For this, you need to use Driver Scanner. After downloading Driver Scanner, perform a complete System scan. Then after, you will end up with the results of drivers that are to be updated. Then after, you can update them with one click.
#3 : Widescreen resolution fix
Press Alt+Enter to switch between windowed and full screen. If it’s currently in full screen and there are black bars, hit Alt+Enter twice (switching out to windowed and then back to full screen) and it’ll fix itself and ‘stretch’. If it did not help, you need to contact the support.
#4: FNAF.exe has stopped working Fix:
We have a workaround that can help you in solving the error. This may work for those who are having problems with DLL files.
- First of all, navigate to Steamapps folder to find “error.log” file.
- After finding it, open with notepad.
- Now, you can see something like “The application caused access violation module in xxxx.dll”
- Make a note of that Dll File name.
- Download Dll-Files Fixer from here (It’s link to Trial version. You can extend the license f necessary.)
- After downloading, open “Install Dll Files” tab.
- Now, input the name of Dll file in the bar and click on “install”
- The software installs the file in right place and now you should be able to play.
#5 : Game Crashes after First Night :
Well, many people have complained regarding this bug in Forums. The most preferred workaround is updating your Drivers. If that did not help, we have some workarounds.
- Try to run the game as Administrator .
- Change the compatibilty mode.To do this, go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/FiveNightsAtFreddys3
Then right click, properties, compatibility, and click “Run this program in compatibility for:”
WinXP service pack 3 should be the default.
#6: Windowed/ Fullscreen Mode switch :
You can switch between them by pressing Alt+Enter (For Windows users)
If you have any more errors, please visit our forums and start a thread.